Saturday, October 6, 2012

A Never-ending Mile





Sky of thousand shades has crowned the shore,
As I walk with the Princess I truly adore.
My heart skips a beat, and it slowly begins to melt,
Even the Sun seems today reluctant to set.

Golden strands of silky hair fly and kiss my face,
Leaving me in spell with her fragrance and the grace.
Blaming the breeze, she tucks them at her ear,
And looks away blushing when I whispered ‘once more’
So from the corner of the eyes some glances I sneak,
Ah! Cherry on top of the cake is the dimple on her cheek.

On ticklish wet sand, we print stamps of our feet,
Waves embrace the prints, and are overwhelmed to meet.
Soon fingers brush fingers, and eyes meet eyes,
Like the most-awaited merger of two passionate tides.
Locking our hands, on lips gentle smile,
Together we walk a never-ending mile...


P.S. And that’s precisely when my Mom pulled the blanket off me and woke me up. Morning!

No comments: